Repairs and maintenance
What happens before, during and after your repair appointment, and what we expect from you.
Arranging an appointment
Once you’ve reported a repair, we’ll try to arrange an appointment that’s convenient for you.
If we need to use a contractor to carry out specialist work, they will contact you directly to arrange a suitable appointment.
In some cases, we might need to send a surveyor out to investigate the issue before we can arrange a repair appointment. This is usually only necessary for complex issues, such as structural repairs, reports of damp, or ongoing problems.
Please make sure somebody over the age of 18 is at home on the day of your appointment. They need to be aware of the problem you have reported in case our operative needs to ask any questions.
If your plans change and you can’t give our operative access to your home on the day of your appointment, please contact us as soon as possible to arrange a new appointment.
On the day of your appointment
On the day of your appointment, one of our operatives or contractors will:
- call or text you to let you know they are on their way
- introduce themselves and show you their identity card
- explain the purpose of the visit and tell you how long the job will take
- carry out a risk assessment before they start work to help keep everyone safe
- use overshoes and dust sheets to protect your home
- keep you updated on progress – especially if the job can’t be completed in one visit
- clean up and remove any rubbish after the repair
- explain what they have done to fix the issue
- answer any questions you have about the repair
What we expect from you
We expect you to:
- be polite to our operatives and contractors
- not smoke or vape while our operatives and contractors are working in your home
After your appointment
We often ask customers to complete a short satisfaction survey by text message after their repair appointment. The survey only takes a few minutes to fill in, and it helps us understand how we can improve our service.
We might also ask to arrange a follow-up visit to check that the work has been completed to a satisfactory standard.
You can contact us at any time to let us know about your experience. Whether you’ve received a great service or you're not happy with your repair, we want to know.