Equality, diversity and inclusion
At GreenSquareAccord, our equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) mission is simple. We want to be a diverse and inclusive organisation that reflects the communities we serve. We want to be a fair and inclusive employer and landlord.
Our mission is at the core of our corporate strategy Simply Brilliant Together and our purpose of building better lives. We believe that being a diverse and inclusive organisation will deliver better outcomes, not only for our customers, but also our colleagues.
Over the next five years we have committed to:
- We care and put our customers first; we listen, and we act. We recognise diversity and offer services that let customers engage in a way that works for them.
- We are supportive and recognise that one size doesn’t fit all. Across our services we want to give customers a voice to influence how we deliver our services to best meet the needs of all current and future customers.
- We embed a culture of respect for all and our behaviours promote inclusivity to support communities to thrive.
- We offer a range of employment opportunities for our customers and within GreenSquareAccord and our local communities.
- We are business-minded but with the priority to deliver our social purpose.
- Our board and leadership champion EDI and are an active part of our EDI forum.
- We are inquisitive, open and honest with EDI data and information. We are committed to utilising data to understand the diverse make up of our colleagues, customers, and communities.
- Our colleagues are trained and aware of EDI matters and all play an active role in delivering our EDI commitments.
- We will create and embed a two-way mentoring process relating to EDI.
- We understand our customers and make it easy to access our services and do business with us.
- Our services reflect the diverse nature of the communities we serve.
- We will promote equality in all of our business functions, processes and policies and customer interactions.
- We will evolve our EDI priorities and strategy by listening to our customers who have experienced or faced discrimination. We take action so others don’t face the same.