Cost of living support Help finding work

You can get financial and practical support from the government while you're looking for work.

A carpenter fitting door hinges

Support from Jobcentre Plus

Jobseeker's Allowance

If you're over 18 and unemployed, you could be eligible for Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) while you look for work.

You'll be supported by a work coach while you claim JSA. They'll help you:

  • improve your CV
  • prepare for interviews
  • address any gaps in your skills through training
  • find a job that matches your skill set

Find out more about Job Seeker's Allowance and apply on the GOV.UK website.

Access to Work

If you have a disability or long-term health condition, you could be eligible for an Access to Work grant. The grant can be used to pay for things like:

  • communication support to help you at a job interview
  • special equipment
  • fares to work if you can't use public transport
  • a support worker or job coach to help you in your workplace
  • the cost of moving your equipment if you change location or job

Visit GOV.UK to find out more about the Access to Work scheme.

Find your next opportunity with JobHelp

JobHelp is a government campaign designed to help you find job opportunities in sectors that are actively recruiting.

If you're looking for a new job or considering a career change, you can get personalised support, tips and advice by using the online JobHelp tool.

Struggling to pay your bills?

You could be eligible for financial support from the government, your local council, your energy provider, and charitable organisations.

A woman using her laptop, while a man and young child are in the kitchen behind her