Cost of living support
Help finding work
You can get financial and practical support from the government while you're looking for work.
Support from Jobcentre Plus
If you're over 18 and unemployed, you could be eligible for Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) while you look for work.
You'll be supported by a work coach while you claim JSA. They'll help you:
- improve your CV
- prepare for interviews
- address any gaps in your skills through training
- find a job that matches your skill set
Access to Work
If you have a disability or long-term health condition, you could be eligible for an Access to Work grant. The grant can be used to pay for things like:
- communication support to help you at a job interview
- special equipment
- fares to work if you can't use public transport
- a support worker or job coach to help you in your workplace
- the cost of moving your equipment if you change location or job
Find your next opportunity with JobHelp
JobHelp is a government campaign designed to help you find job opportunities in sectors that are actively recruiting.
If you're looking for a new job or considering a career change, you can get personalised support, tips and advice by using the online JobHelp tool.
Struggling to pay your bills?
You could be eligible for financial support from the government, your local council, your energy provider, and charitable organisations.