Repairs and maintenance

Report a repair

The easiest way to report a repair is through our online form or customer portal.

A gas engineer working on a boiler

Before you report a repair to us, please check whether it’s our responsibility to fix it or yours. We’re able to respond to repairs more quickly if we’re not having to review requests for issues that aren’t our responsibility. You can find a list of your repair responsibilities in your tenancy agreement, as well as on the Repair responsibilities page.

How do I report a repair?

You can use our online form to report a repair. 

If you’re already registered with myGreenSquare or have an Accord customer account, you can also report a repair through your online account. 

In an emergency, if you or your neighbours are in danger, please call us on 0300 111 7000.

How do I carry out repairs?

We’ve created some step-by-step guides to help you with simple home maintenance and repairs. You can find the guides on our Maintaining your home page.

What happens after I report a repair?

After you’ve reported the repair, we’ll let you know when we’ll carry out the work.

Routine repairs

If a repair isn’t putting people in danger and isn’t a serious inconvenience, we’ll deal with it as a routine repair. We usually fix these issues within 28 working days. This includes:

  • damaged worktops and kitchen units
  • dripping taps
  • faulty doorbells
  • leaking guttering
Emergency repairs

We prioritise attending to emergency repairs that put you or the building at risk within four hours and completing the repair within 24 hours.

We might need you or a neighbour to wait at home for us to arrive, so you can give us access to your property for the emergency repairs. Sometimes in an emergency, we can only carry out a temporary repair to ensure you’re safe and we’ll come back to do the permanent repair.

In a fire, you should call 999. If you smell gas, call the National Gas Emergency Service immediately on 0800 111 999. 

Examples of emergency repairs are: 

  • broken lifts
  • faulty electrical sockets
  • fire or structural damage
  • flooding
  • no heating and hot water (between October and March)
  • offensive graffiti
  • sewage overflowing into your home 
  • smashed windows and outside doors 

If an emergency in your local area affects your electricity, gas or water supply, such as a loss of gas or a major water leak, we’ll work with the utility companies to look after you and help their efforts to restore supplies as quickly as possible. 

We take additional needs and vulnerabilities into account when we’re prioritising repairs. If there’s anything we need to know when planning your repair, for example, if you’re unwell or have a disability, please tell us when you report it.

Repairing damage or neglect

If we have to repair any deliberate damage or neglect to your property, we’ll charge you for the cost of the work. For example, if you ask us to replace a window you have broken or change the locks because you’ve lost your keys. 

You can find out more about chargeable repairs on our Repair responsibilities page.